Vitamin B6 is very much beneficial for the health of the body. Sources of vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) is very easy to find and are often found in our foods every day.
As we knew, Vitamin B6 has many benefits for health, such as for boosting the immune system, for increase energy, for menstrual and pregnancy, for helping the infant neurological development, and preventing other diseases.
B6 deficiency will cause some health problems, but if excess will also bring a variety of health problems. So, how many actual doses for daily requirement of vitamin B6?
The daily requirement of vitamin B6 on each person is different, according to age. And the following is a table to be used as guidance in consuming vitamin B6, so that no shortage or excess.
Natural Sources of Vitamin B6
1. Meat --- Meat contains a lot of vitamin B6, but a lot contain a lot of cholesterol. So, should eat meat portions as necessary, and not too much. Other sources found in cow's liver and turkey's liver.
- Cow's liver contains vitamin B6 = 1.03 mcg/100 grams.
- Turkey's liver contains vitamin B6 = 1.04 mcg/100 grams.
2. Fish --- Fish contains vitamin B6 are tuna, salmon, and fish COD.
- Tuna contains vitamin B6 = 0.295 mcg/100 grams.
- Salmon contains vitamin B6 = 0.94 mcg/100 grams.
- Fish cod contains vitamin B6 = 0.462 mcg/100 grams.
3. Grains --- Grains which contain vitamin B6, among others :
- Rice contains vitamin B6 = 4.07 mcg/100 grams. Or 0.3 mcg/ spoon.
- Wheat contains vitamin B6 = 1.3 mcg/ 100 grams.
4. Seeds --- Type of grain, including sources of vitamin B6 are very good.
- Sunflower seeds contains B6 = 0.47 mcg/ quarter cup.
- Sesame seeds contain a good source of vitamin B6 = 1.3 mcg/ 100 grams.
5. Nuts --- Sources of vitamin B6 on the type of legumes, such as soybean, peas, and green beans.
- Green beans contains vitamin B6 = 0.14 mcg/ 100 grams.
- Garlic contains vitamin B6 = 0.22 mcg/100 grams. Garlic has merit as detoxification, heart health, lower bad cholesterol, improve insulin levels in diabetics. Garlic contains allicin, as a protection from infection.
7. Vegetables --- Some natural sources of vitamin B6 are vegetables.
- Spinach contain B6 = 0.44/180 grams (or about 1 cup).
- Radish contains B6 = 0.08 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Broccoli contains B6 = 0.16 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Asparagus contains B6 = 0.12 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Mustard contains B6 = 0.09 mcg in 1 cup serving.
8. Other vegetables
- Paprika contain vitamin B6 = 0.27 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Tomato contains vitamin B6 = 0.14 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Potato contains B6 = 0.54 mcg in one medium potato.
- Avocado contains vitamin B6 = 0.38 mcg in 1 cup serving.
- Banana contains vitamin B6 = 0.43 mcg in 1 banana.