What is the Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's is the same as dementia. In medical terms, this disease is a type of disease in brain cell apoptosis syndrome characterized by gradual memory loss, which is usually accompanied by changes in personality and ability to self-expression.
This happens due to the accumulation of the protein clumps and tangles of nerve cell fibers in the brain, which resulted in the death of brain nerve cells. This condition will interfere with the function of brain normality.
Alzheimer's is more common in people with hypertension or a result of genetics. For the treatment yet to be found, in part simply referred to alleviate the symptoms alone. This disease can cause complications and usually occurs kulkus decubitus infections, and organ failure, so it should be taken to the doctor to be treated further.
As a result of this disease will also affect workers in social skills and a person's daily activities.
What age a person may have Alzheimer's disease?
The Risk is often the case with this disease is 5% are people with 65-74 years of age, and half of it is a person who is 85 years old. Those who suffer from Alzheimer's in desperate need of love and support from kin, and psychological support for comfort. This has implications for their Alzheimer's patient.
What are the causes of Alzheimer's?
The Scientists believe that the factors of the disease is a combination of genetic, lifestyle, and environment.
- Genetic Factors --- Alzheimer's will occur slightly higher in families such as parents who also suffer from Alzheimer's.
- Lifestyle Factors --- The risk of Alzheimer's disease can also occur due to lack of exercise, eating habits are high in salt so that the increase in blood pressure. This will lead to complications of Alzheimer's.
Mediterranean diet for people with Alzheimer's
Keep your body to stay fit is very important for you and your health. Training the mind and mental well would reduce the number of Alzheimer's risk in old age. Almost all diet method can always encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables, in fact, there is no special type of fruits to the diet, but there are some diets that encourage eating certain fruits.
Mediterranean diet also recommends consumption of fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. That is all type of fruits and vegetables can be consumed on this diet.
Natural sources in the Mediterranean diet
1. Fruits --- Great fruits for Mediterranean diet are apples, carrots, star fruit, and guava. These fruits are many contains of vitamin A, B, B1, C, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and other minerals that are good for the body.
2. Vegetables --- Vegetables are good for Mediterranean diet are a squash, mushroom, cucumber, radishes, lettuces, and watercress.
3. Olive oil --- olive oil is rich in unsaturated fat so that the olive oil in the list of recommendations in every diet. Olive oil also contains antioxidants, toxins, phenols, tocopherol, pigments, squalene, which is very important for health.
4. Fish --- Fish is very suitable to be consumed to improve health. Benefits of fish for health is keeping organ function such as the heart, arteries, and veins that make up the cardiovascular system. Preventing excessive triglycerides, increase HDL (good cholesterol) and prevent blood clotting. Besides the benefits of fish as well as the prevention of cancer and reduce hypertension. A great source of fish is salmon, mackerel, tuna, snapper, catfish, and more.
5. Physical activity (exercise) --- People who exercise regularly can reduce the risk of serious diseases such as high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, obesity, and osteoporosis. Exercise is also beneficial to the psychological, such as reducing stress and self-esteem, and promote the spirit of life.
Physical activity in the diet is done according to need, and are classified into 3 types of activity, they are very mild activity, mild activity, and moderate activity. This activity can also be adjusted according to age and dietary needs.
For Alzheimer's patients can choose a physical activity or exercise very mild or mild to support the diet.
(Reference from Book "Ideal body with a Healthy diet")