Do you often feel tired heavy? Easily depressed? Perhaps you consume less vitamin B6. And do you know? The benefits of vitamin B6 is able to boost your stamina.
Vitamin B6 also called Pyridoxine, including on the part of the vitamin B complex. Vitamin B6 is the soluble vitamin. The active form of vitamin B6 is pyridoxal phosphate. Pyridoxine also knew by the name of Pyridoxamine.
Benefits of vitamin B6
General benefits of vitamin B6 is for the formation of red blood cells, to optimize brain function, protein synthesis, and protein breaker. In addition, there are several benefits of vitamin B6, as shown below.
1. Boosting the immune system
Vitamin B6 can break down proteins and amino acids. Then forming compounds such as histamine, dopamine, adrenaline, and serotonin. Compounds serotonin is used to maintain a good immune system. This compound will form a hormone that is believed to be able to give a feeling of comfort and pleasure, and also provides good care for the body's immune system.
2. Keeping blood sugar levels
By regularly consume fruits that contain B6, helps maintain normal blood sugar levels. Fruits which contain low glycemic, or has a value below 50, then the food is not much in the potential to raise blood sugar. But if the value is above 50, then the food can make blood sugar rise quickly.
3. Increase energy and fight disease
As the benefits of vitamin B6 as an immune system booster, then by taking vitamin B6 in the form of herbal medicine or any other, will provide energy effects on the body. Moreover, it will make the body is able to fight disease, such as rheumatism, flu, colds, reduces toothache pain, and other diseases.
4. Preventing heart disease
Benefits of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) is indeed for the prevention of the heart disease. Pyridoxine can open a blocked artery, thus preventing heart attacks.
Benefits of vitamin B6 is important in the menstrual period to smooth the cycle and reduce feelings of depression before menstruation (to relieve pre-menstrual syndrome) as a bad mood, and pain in the breast. So, pyridoxine (B6) as an anti-depressant in the body.
As for pregnant women, vitamin B6 is essential to consume during pregnancy . Because pregnant women should not be malnourished to the development of the fetus. Supplements, vitamins, or milk is highly recommended for pregnant women, and the need for vitamin B6 reached 1.2 mcg daily.
6. To assist the communication of brain neurons
Pyridoxine (B6) is important in helping the infant neurological development. Also overcome neurological disorders are common in the elderly, which many elderly are affected by Alzheimer's disease. Shortage or pyridoxine (B6) can also make a person experiencing insomnia.
Natural sources of vitamin B6
- Beef, cow's liver, turkey liver.
- Tuna, salmon, and fish COD.
- Types of whole grains, such as rice and wheat.
- Type legumes, such as soybean, peas, and green beans.
- Type seeds, such as sesame seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Garlic. Garlic has merit as detoxification, heart health, lowers bad cholesterol, improve insulin levels in diabetics. Garlic contains Allicin, as a protection from infection.
- Types of vegetables, such as broccoli, asparagus, mustard greens, turnip greens, and spinach.
- Other vegetables are peppers (paprika), tomatoes, and potatoes.
- And a source of vitamin B6 in fruits, such as banana and avocado.
Symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency
The early symptoms
The early symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency are declining oral health, such as a cut in the corner of the mouth, sores on the tongue and gums, the sign is similar to thrush or a lack of vitamin C. However, other symptoms are the body undergoes severe fatigue, and lack of energy to move. Other symptoms, a person may become irritable, convulsions, numbness in the body.
Vitamin B6 deficiency was found to cause several diseases, such as :
- Insomnia, fatigue, depression, anxiety.
- Easy to anger, paranoia.
- Weight rapidly rising, or a rapid decline.
- Decrease sexual power.
When vitamin B6 deficiency, the body will experience a lot of distractions. But if the excess vitamin B6 even this, your body will experience some health problems.
As a result of excess vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
- Tingling and numbness in hands and feet.
- Difficulty breathing, headache.
- The skin has an allergy, although these cases are very rare.
- Fatigue weight, include cramps on the body, and insomnia due to being too tired.
- Damage to nerves, such as muscle spasms and pain.
- Poor coordination bibs to paralysis, even temporary paralysis.