Olive oil is a natural oil produced from olives. So, it is good in used in the diet, and its has many health benefits.
Olive oil is rich in unsaturated fats and in the list of recommendations in any diet program. In the oil, there are many compounds which act as anti-oxidants and toxins. The active compound in question is phenol, pigments, squalene, which has many benefits for health.
Olive oil contains high doses of vitamin E, and other vitamins such as vitamin A, B2, C, D, K, iron, beta-carotene, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds. Scientifically, it contains :
- Squalene --- A liquid organic ethers that are useful as human immune.
- Polyphenols --- An antioxidants which will make the changes in taste, becoming denser.
Benefits of Olive oil in the Diet
Olive oil can help reduce LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) or the bad cholesterol in the body and provide antioxidants effects. And it is best used in a wide variety of diets. As an additional source of vitamins and nutrients, especially in a vegetarian diet, TLD diet to lower cholesterol and the Mediterranean diet.
Olive oil is divided into 5 type
1. Extra Virgin Olive Oil --- This extra oil is produced from the first extract of olives, which contains vitamins and nutrients. This extra oil is made without chemical additives with the oleic acid level of less than 1%, very natural and has a balanced flavor and aroma.
2. Virgin Olive Oil --- This type of oil is produced from processed the second stage, the acidity level of less than 2%, and has a good flavor and remains strong.
3. Pure Olive Oil --- Produced from a mixture of refined and virgin oil. Contains little vitamin E, the acidity level of less than 2%.
4. Pomace Oil --- This oil produced from oil residue remaining.
5. Lite Olive Oil --- This oil contain small amounts of virgin oil, flavor, and color is also very light but contain the same amount of calories with more olive oil.