B group vitamin (B complex) is a vitamin that has functions for energy metabolism. But do you know? One of the benefits of Biotin (B7) is for the health of male sexual organ.
Biotin or vitamin B7, actually used to be known as vitamin H. It happened around the 1900s. Then it turns out from a chemical structure is a structure that has similarities with vitamin B complex. So, today Biotin included being part of one of the vitamin B complex group.
Benefits of Biotin (vitamin B7)
1. Accelerating the process of energy metabolism
When foods intake the body, especially foods that contain fat, protein, and carbohydrates, vitamin B7 is converting it into glucose or simple sugar. Where is this sugar that fuels the body for activity and as energy. The more the performance of biotin in the body, then the body will be more active.
Conversely, if biotin deficiency, the body will experience fatigue. Although the body has received a lot of food, but it will make the sleepy, because the food is not processed into energy.
2. Healthy hair and nails
Vitamin B7 has been widely used as an additive in beauty products. B7 has been proven to overcome the problem of gray hair, hair loss, dry and damaged hair, or greasy hair. Biotin is a vitamin B that can help metabolize proteins, thus hair loss can quickly grow again, and prevent a return loss. Cracked and broken nail is a sign of biotin deficiency. If you want to have healthy nails, try to consume biotin.
3. Lowering blood sugar
For those of you who have diabetes, by consumed vitamin B7 on a daily basis as much as nearly 900 mcg for a month, will help lower blood sugar levels. Certainly by reducing the consumption of carbohydrates and sugary foods that can trigger blood sugar to rise.
4. Help form red blood cells and bone marrow
Vitamin B7 (biotin) also as a cofactor in the formation of red blood cells in the spinal cord. Because circulation turnover of red blood cells in the body are also necessary optimally, so that the number of red blood cells does not have excess or deficiency.
5. Assist in weight loss
Biotin is also beneficial for those who want to lose weight. Because, when the body is overweight, not entirely fat and protein stored in the body can use as energy. So it takes biotin to convert it into energy. So, when you exercise, your body does not feel tired, fat will be reduced quickly, and the body also become stronger.
6. Increase stamina male sexual organ
By taking vitamin B7 (Biotin) also will help man in an intimate relationship problems with his wife. Biotin (B7) can help men increase stamina during sexual encounters, especially for those who have a problem that is rapidly declining stamina during intimate relations. Consume biotin is a natural way that can be done to overcome the problem of male sexuality.
Related post :4 Factors That causes Male Infertility
Natural sources of Biotin (vitamin B7)
Note : The daily requirement of vitamin B7 for men and women over 19 years is 30 mcg per day.
1. Salmon and halibut fish --- In general, fish sources contain B7 3-24 mcg per 100 grams. And salmon contain biotin 4-5 mcg per 3 ounces.
2. Egg yolks --- containing 13-14 mcg of vitamin B7 per 1 egg yolks, or approximately 60 mcg per 100 grams.
3. Wheat bread --- contains vitamin B7 1,2 - 6 mcg per slice. Take wheat bread with a content of 100% pure grain.
4. yeast --- containing biotin 200 mcg per 100 grams.
5. Swiss chard --- is a great plant that is often used in salads. Contains biotin about 10,5 mcg in a cup.
6. Carrots --- contains B7 50 mcg per 5 pieces.
7. Cow's milk and goat's milk --- contains calsium and biotin are also high.
8. Cheese cedar --- containing biotin 0,4 - 2 mcg per ounces.
9. Liver --- beef liver containing vitamin B7 27-35 mcg per 3 ounces. Chicken liver contains B7 200 mcg per 100 grams.
10. Soybean --- containing vitamin b7 60 mcg per 100 grams, but soy milk does not contain biotin (B7). if you want to consume milk for the needs of biotin, should consume cow's milk or goat's milk.
11. Strawberries, banana, onion, cucumber, cauliflower --- contains plenty of vitamin B7 as well as other fruits and other green vegetables.
Due to lack of Biotin (vitamin B7)
Biotin or vitamin B7 deficiency will cause some diseases, although this is rare. Biotin deficiency occurs when a person consumes a lot of eggs that are not cooked well. And egg white can also make the body binds biotin in the body.
Biotin deficiency will cause disorders such as dry skin, dermatitis, fungal infections, skin rashes, brittle hair and hair loss. Worse symptoms are mild depression, muscle pain, mental disorders, paresthesias and hyperesthesias.
(Reference : from the Book of Nutrients in Reproductive Health)