Mint (Mentha piperitha) is a green leaf with a distinctive aroma that is commonly used in a mixture of cuisines, and beverages. In addition, some of the benefits of mint can also for health treatment, beauty treatment, and other needs we can get from the mint.
Mint contains vitamin C, provitamin A, phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium, chlorophyll, menthol, essential oil, and phytonutrients. The essential oil content that makes the mint has a refreshing cooling sensation.
What benefits can be derived from the leaves of mint?
These are the 20 benefits of mint
Benefits of mint for health healing :
1. Relieve Abdominal pain --- Essential oil content and menthol in mint may help relieve abdominal pain such as cramps, abdominal muscle spasms, and bloating. Mix the chopped mint leaves with essential oils, then spread to the stomach.
2. Relieves nasal congestion --- When the flu, usually experiencing nasal congestion, wheezing, and tightness. Pour the mint leaves in hot water and inhale the steam several times until it feels relieved sigh.
3. Relieves nausea --- At the moment we feel nausea or motion sickness, take the scented essential oils of mint and breathe along the trip to relieve nausea.
4. Relieves a headache --- In addition, to relieve nausea, other mint benefits is to relieve a headache. Apply the essential oil of mint on the neck and gently massage to relieve a headache.
5. For feet relaxation --- Soak your feet in a mixture of warm water, salt, and mint leaves. Mint oil relaxes the leg muscles are stiff and tired after working all day. It could also mix the essential oil with chopped mint leaves, then smeared on foot, massaging gently so that the foot is more relaxed.
6. Mouthwash --- Pour the mint leaves in hot water, let stand until warm, then use the water to rinse for several times. In addition, to freshen breath, mint leaves are also useful as an antiseptic that protects the mouth and teeth from germs.
Benefits of mint for beauty:
7. Whitening teeth --- To whiten teeth, take the mint and puree. Spread on the tooth, leave for 2 minutes then wash. Do it 2-3 times a week.
8. Curing acne --- Apply the oil mint on the pimpled face. Use it at night before bed. Mint oil is very effective in shooting inflamed skin caused by acne.
9. For a face mask --- Mix the 100 grams of peeled cucumber and 30 grams of fresh mint leaves. Add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of lemon extract. Stir until it becomes a paste. Apply on the face and used as a mask for 20 minutes, then rinse your face with warm water.
10. Summarizing the skin pores --- Mixed 10 mint leaves with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 250 ml of water. Whisk in a clean bottle until well blended. Apply on the face with cotton, regular use before bedtime. This way is useful to shrink pores, remove dead skin cells at the same time.
11. Refreshing body --- In order for the body to be fresh and relieve fatigue, add the mint oil on the water for a bath.
12. As a conditioner --- Mix 2 drops of mint oil in 200 ml mineral water that has been given a mixture of chopped mint leaves. Enter in a spray bottle and spray on the hair.
13. Refresh the scalp --- Puree the mint leaves and apply on the scalp. Gently massage the scalp to smooth blood flow. Let stand for 15 minutes so that the menthol seep into the scalp, then wash as usual.
Benefits of mint for cuisines and beverages
14. Used in the manufacture of syrup --- If you want to make your own syrup, try this way. Boil sugar and water to a boil with a ratio 2:1. Add mint shoot as many as you like. When it became cool, then pack into a clean jar and cover tightly.
15. As the mix in drinks --- Mint leaves can be used in a mixture of your favorite beverages. Add the mint leaves in cold drinks or mixing it into drinks tea, ice cream, sorbet, or other drinks to taste fresh.
16. Enrich the flavor of the sauce --- Chopped mint leaves can be added to enrich the flavor of mayonnaise on a mixed salad.
17. For cake decoration --- Take the fresh mint leaves or shoots of mint to add to cake decoration. Besides, beautify the cake, as well as to add a fresh scent and delicious on the cake.
18. As a garnish --- In addition to fresh, mint leaves also have beautiful shapes and is often used as a complementary dish cuisine. Cut fresh mint leaves, put together dishes. Mint leaves can also be eaten together with the food.
Benefits of mint to scent and freshen the room :
19. For mixed potpourri --- So that the room is getting fresh, add mint leaves in potpourri to add fragrance. The trick, boil water, put the mint leaves, rosemary, and lemon slices until the water boils. Pour into a bowl and place on the table to prevent steam fragrant potpourri filled the room.
20. As a dining table centerpiece --- Add mint leaf buds in a series of flowers or fruits on the dining table. The series of fruits or flowers will be fresher with extra mint leaves.