Vitamin B1 also known as thiamin is one type of vitamin B complex. Benefits of vitamin B1 or vitamin B also play a role in the formation of red blood cells and heart health.
Benefits of vitamin B1 in your body :
- Helps the growth period.
- Protect the heart muscle and optimize brain function.
- Prevents constipation, and launch the process of digestion.
- Keep the number of red blood cells in the body, and keeping the blood circulation, include heart health.
- Make skin more healthy, and prevent premature aging.
- Prevent the disease beriberi.
- Maintain and protect mental readiness.
- Maintain and protect the growth of the fetus in pregnant women.
- Reduce the risk of severe due to insect bites.
A natural source of vitamin B1 :
1. Vegetable source -- Vegetable sources of vitamin B1 is a cereals grain or the food that comes from plants especially legumes, such as beans, soybeans, yeast, peanuts, mustard seeds, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, sunflower seeds, turnip greens, pineapple, apricot, and tomato.
2. Animal source -- The source of the many animals contains vitamin B1 is the liver, pork, fish, and egg yolks.
The risk of excess vitamin B1
Thiamine or vitamin B1 can not be stored by the body. If too much is consumed, the excess will be removed through urine. However, the fraction of vitamin B1 will be stored in the body's vital organs, such as liver, kidney, heart, brain, and muscle.
Some risk of Deficiency of vitamin B1
1. Heart failure
Vitamin B1 deficiency will have an impact on heart health, such as cardiovascular. The disease tends to strike on the blood vessels of the heart and cardiac work. Because of this, the heart of vitamin B1 deficiency cannot sustain heavy heart high, and failure occurs, such as the widening of the vein vessels and shortness of breath.
2. The disease Beriberi
The disease beriberi or edema is divided into 3 types.
- Dry beriberi : Usually have symptoms like tingling in the legs then thickened and muscle fatigue. In more severe condition will cause a hard -running, easy heart pounding though not working hard. If the disease is left unchecked, can lead to death.
- Wet beriberi : Characterized by swelling in almost all parts of the body. In the body parts that are pressed, it will not be able to come back again and feel sick.
- Cardiac beriberi : Characterized by shortness of breath and tightness in the heart, part of the liver. Cardiac beriberi could be the cause of death.
3. Disruption of gastric function
Deficiency of vitamin B1 can also lead to impaired function of the stomach in absorbing food. If a deficiency in a long time, will lead to reducing weight.
Indigestion in absorbing nutrients will lead to constipation. If you are having defecate once in 2-3 days, probably you in a deficiency of vitamin B1.
5. Wernicke-kors-Rakoff's syndrome
This syndrome is a brain beriberi. Diseases that attack the brain or neurological disorders. This syndrome is characterized by an acute sense of confusion and amnesia. these conditions often occur in an alcoholic. Drinking alcohol in great numbers, it can cause vitamin B1 difficult into the brain, and causing cerebral beriberi.
6. Mental and emotional disorders
Note that a deficiency of vitamin B1 it turns can cause disorders of the cerebral membranes. Then someone will experience a loss of memory, causing senility, as well as other mental disorders.
Other nice info : Benefits of vitamin A for health and fertility