Vitamin B5 is also known as Pantothenic Acid. Where this substance has many benefits to the body. If you want to have a healthy body, beautiful, and is in the fertility treatment, do not ignore the benefits of vitamin B5.
Pantothenic acid (B5) is a vitamin that was found by Roger J.Williams in 1919. Found contained in many animals, where the vitamin is also important for the animal. In fact, any animal in need of vitamin B5 to synthesize carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
Name of pantothenic comes from the Greek, meaning "from everywhere", in accordance with its characteristics that is easily found in all sources.
Benefits of Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
1. Lower cholesterol levels
For those who want to lower levels of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, it is recommended to consume more vegetables. In addition, the benefits of vitamin B5 and all its derivatives (much simpler), had the benefits to lower the levels of LDL in the blood, and raise HDL levels. So, it could avoid the stroke.
2. For wound healing
Usually, to accelerate wound healing, will be carried out first aid by giving alcohol solution to clean the wound. And in medicine, the solution is derived from pantothenic acid. And pantothenic acid which is used as the basic ingredient in alcohol as a cleaner and wound treatment.
3. Help the body's metabolism
Vitamin B5 include Coenzyme A to the body. Its function is to convert what we eat into energy for the body. Benefits of vitamin B5 in metabolism is to convert fat into energy. So it is very suitable for those who are on a weight loss diet program.
4. Remove acne scars
In the world of cosmetics, pantothenic acid (B5) is also useful for removing acne scars. Even in beauty treatments such as herbal Spa treatment, usually use a natural ingredient containing pantothenic acid. Of course, if you want more optimally in taking skin treatment, it's also consuming foods that are rich in vitamin B5.
5. For skin health
To maintain healthy skin, besides consuming source of vitamin B5, also could have to do skin care with soap made from the raw material of vitamin B. For example, as in the recent research on soaps containing honey, usually also contain vitamin B complex. Of course in it also contains vitamin B5 as the B complex group. The latest research, using honey as a basic ingredient of soap, it can be to care for the health of skin better. That is many contain vitamin C and B complex.
6. For hair growth
Benefits of vitamin B5 is also to help hair growth better. By consuming vitamin B5 can prevent hair aging, like gray hair. It also prevents hair loss and stimulating faster hair growth.
7. Affect fertility rate
It has conducted experiments on mice. Where the granting of pantothenic acid 30 minutes before distortion, resulting in a decrease in the risk of infertility. So, pantothenic acid (B5) has the important function of glutathione against that inhibits fertility.
Read other nice info : Benefits of vitamin B3 for health and reproductive hormones booster
Diseases caused by a deficiency of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
1. Increases the risk of infection
Infection that occur usually respiratory tract infection. But it could be infected in other parts of the body. When the body lack vitamin B5, red blood cell in the body will decrease production. So, the formation of antibodies to ward off the infection also decrease. The body has been treated could also relapse again if the lack of vitamin B5.
2. Improve insulin sensitivity
Benefits of vitamin B5 is to increase the level of good cholesterol (HDL) in the body. When the body lack vitamin B5, then fat on blood cannot effectively decrease, so it will trigger insulin sensitivity. This function in diabetics. When people with diabetes consume vitamin B5, then it can control blood sugar and lower levels of triglycerides.
Fatigue is the beginning symptoms of lack of vitamin B5. Because the metabolism of fat and protein do not occur optimally to the needs of the body. Fatigue occurs because of less energy, but the body does not get due less to consume vitamin B5.
As the benefits of vitamin B5 to cure acne, so as a deficiency of B5 will also make the emergence of acne. To overcome this problem, avoid the fatty foods and eat a lot of source of vitamin B5.
5. Hair loss and graying --- Gray hair that grows faster than the actual age or hair loss, can occur due to deficiency of vitamin B5 on a daily basis.
Depression can occur due to deficiency of vitamin B5. While a deficiency of B5, the body does not produce red blood cells properly. So the brain will not receive a supply of red blood cells wich are rich in nutrients. This condition will make someone experiencing depression and other mental disorders.
Natural source of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
1. Meat, fish, and poultry --- Although this source contain a lot of vitamin B5, but it is not recommended to consume in excess. A small amount of meat is already sufficient for daily needs.
2. Liver --- One slice or 240 grams liver contains vitamin B5 as much as 50% of your body daily needs. But the liver also contains a lot of fat and cholesterol. So it must be alert if you have the disease.
3. Eggs --- Egg yolks contain vitamin B5 as much as 5% daily needs for vitamin B5.
4. Salmon --- Salmon contains a lot of protein, fat, omega-3, vitamin B5 and other nutrients. Salmon was able to fulfill the needs of daily vitamin B5 for as much as 20%.
5. Fruits and vegetables --- Fruits that contain vitamin B5 are apples, avocado, and banana. While in vegetables such as asparagus, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, sunflower seeds, pumpkin, and corn.
6. Nuts --- Such as wheat, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, and flaxseed.
Due to excess vitamin B5
An overdose of vitamin B5 will also cause some health problems, such as diarrhea, nausea, sensitive teeth, and other distractions.
1. Diarrhea --- Excess vitamin B5 causes the intestines cannot absorb liquid with a maximum. So the dirt (feces) cannot be dense, and occurs diarrhea. This condition also increases the risk of dehydration.
2. Swelling in the legs and face --- Excess vitamin B5 will result in excess fluid retention and swelling in the tissues, called edema. Edema can strike on the hands, legs, and face. This condition will make the itching, because of impaired blood circulation.
3. Knee and joint pain --- When the body is experiencing edema, then it will also cause pain in parts of the body such as knee and joints.
4. Nausea and vomiting --- Excess vitamin B5 will also cause nausea and vomiting.
5. Depression --- Excess pantothenic acid (B5) can cause depression. Because the benefits of vitamin B5 is also balanced the body's nervous, then the excess vitamin b5 will make someone experiencing depression.
For the last suggestion, consuming vitamin and nutrients we recommended appropriate dose for the needs of the body. Do not overload or shortage, so that the body is able to absorb the benefits of vitamins B5 better for health.
(Reference : Book of nutrient in reproductive health)