Are you in trying to conceive? Now is time for you to regularly consume foods that contain vitamin B3. Because one of the benefits of vitamin B3 is to produce reproductive hormones.
Vitamin B3 or Niacin is an organic compound that is colorless and soluble in water. Niacin and vitamin B3 are terms used interchangeably because it has the same chemical activity.
Benefits of vitamin B3 (Niacin) in the body
1. Have an important role in Carbohydrate metabolism.
Vitamin B3 is important in converting carbohydrates into sugar compounds, namely glucose. Carbohydrate metabolism is important because it can convert it into energy for daily activities. In addition, vitamin B3 is required for respiration cells in the body, break down fat and protein, and circulation for healthy skin.
2. Reduce Cholesterol.
Benefits of vitamin B3 is capable of lowering cholesterol levels and assisted by substance, such as Isoflavone in soy. Certainly, cholesterol could not descend instantly, and there should be a refraction consume foods so that cholesterol levels could drop to normal.
3. Reduce the risk of Coronary artery disease.
Coronary artery disease is a condition in which the walls of the coronary arteries as fatty deposits, so by clogging the blood flow to the heart. If the condition gets worse, the oxygen supply to the heart is reduced and cause damage to the heart.
While the benefits of vitamin B3 is to transform carbohydrates into energy. People who excess energy, will tend to move on and this is very good to cut the fat and prevents excess cholesterol. Vitamin B3 also prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular.
4. Improving the Health of Skin, hair, and nails.
Healthy hair, skin, and nails very dependent on synthetic DNA and RNA. In which it is assisted by a synthetic vitamin B3. So the nails and hair could be longer on a regular basis and faster, depending on the daily consumption of vitamin B3. Circulation of healthy skin will also make the skin look healthier, brighter, accelerate the healing of acne, delay the aging process, and delayed the growth of gray hair.
5. Treat Arthritis and Diabetes.
Benefits of vitamin B3 is able to increase the strength of the joints, bones, and muscles. So the vitamin B3 is able to the treatment of osteoarthritis because it has an anti-inflammatory effect.
6. Producing Sex hormones.
The body has the adrenal glands to produce reproductive hormones and stress-related. And vitamin B3 is what stimulate the adrenal glands to work more in producing hormones. Of course, it is very related to the genitals fertility for men and women who consume vitamin B3. So, the vitamin B3 is very good for those who are planning a pregnancy.
Related info : The Benefits Of Vitamin A for Healthy and Fertility
A Natural Source of Vitamin B3 (Niacin)
1. Animal sources containing vitamin B3 like beef, venison, lamb, salmon and tuna. Other sources exist in chickens and turkeys.
2. Vegetables and fruit containing vitamin B3 is asparagus and mangoes.
3. Nuts and seed is found in the peanuts, almonds and mustard seed.
4. Milk, also containing vitamin B3 is good for the body. Because milk has useful amino acids to produce vitamin B3 for the body that has been consumption milk. Can all kinds of milk, like cow's milk, soy milk, goat's milk, or other dairy preparations such as chocolate milk, strawberry milk, and more.
Symptoms of lack of vitamin B3
Lack of vitamin B3 under normal circumstances usually visible signs such as :
- Weakness and dizziness
- Lack of appetite and dry tongue
- Blood sugar becomes low, and migraine headache
- Psychological disorders to as forgetful and nervous.
In more severe symptoms, characterized by some of the following disorders :
1. Skin lesions --- The skin lesions is a condition where the skin there are lumps like horns or acne.
2. High Cholesterol --- Benefits of vitamin B3 is to keep cholesterol remains normal. But if the lack of vitamin b3, surely would have happened otherwise, and cholesterol increases.
3. Diarrhea --- When the body is deficient in vitamin B3, the body will experience symptoms of disorders of the digestive tract, such as diarrhea. While diarrhea is increasingly acute, diarrhea will throw more vitamin B3 from the body. So, lack of vitamin B3 will be acuter.
4. Mental disorders, depression, and insomnia --- If lack of vitamin B3, the brain cannot work optimally. It will happen to mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, confused, phlegmatic, insomnia, easy to forget, and loss of concentration.
5. The Pellagra --- Pellagra is a disease characterized by diarrhea, dermatitis, dementia, and inflammation of the mouth and tongue, hyperpigmentation, thickening of the skin (epidermis), and can result in death if not promptly healed.
Due to excess vitamin B3
Not only is the result of lack, but an excess of vitamin B3 can also make someone insomnia. Vitamin B3 that would make high arterial blood vessels widen so that the arteries leading to the brain was also enlarged. So, the blood goes into the brain more and more. And this makes the brain cannot rest. To resolve it, drink plain water.
2. Skin rash
Skin rashes occur because the body is experiencing allergies due to excess vitamin B3. Characterized by itching and swelling around the neck and face. To resolve it, drink plain water.
3. Disorders of the liver
Benefits of vitamin B3 could be taken if consumed with just the right measure. But if excess, it will be toxic to the body. So, this condition will force the heart to work harder to neutralize toxins in the body.
Gastritis is the discharge of excess stomach acid, thus leading to pain in the stomach, because of the injured intestine. Excess vitamin B3 is working hard to make the body produce energy via food in digestion. And this is what makes the pain in the stomach and intestine.
5. Increased blood sugar levels
The real benefits of vitamin B3 are to raise blood sugar in the body. But if excess, then glucose will increase , but sometimes this glucose can not evenly throughout the body. As a result, there was a buildup of glucose levels and make blood sugar levels becomes high.
So, you can take this benefits of vitamin B3 by way of consuming a normal measure is proper. Don't be too excess or less. Especially for those of you who consume Niacin (B3) to improve vitality and reproductive hormones.
(Reference : Book about nutrition in Reproductive Health)