These vitamins are not stable in alkaline solution, but fairly stable in acidic solutions. In the body, vitamin C present in the blood (especially leukocytes), adrenal cortex, skin, and bones. Vitamin C will be absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract by the active transport system.
And some of the benefits of vitamin C as an antioxidant, preventing colds, improve the immune system, cure heart disease, prevent sore eyes (cataracts), as well as very good to be consumed during pregnancy.
Although vitamin C has good benefits for health, but in consumption should remain cautious and appropriate dosages. Because in consumption of vitamin should not be excess or less. Persons who are deficient in vitamin C will get some health problems. Conversely, when the excess vitamin C is also not good, especially for some people who suffer from certain diseases.
Top 20 Natural Foods Sources Of Vitamin C
And here are a few natural food sources of vitamin C that we often encounter every day. Including sources of vegetables, fruits, and vitamin C from the animal source.
- Red pepper contains vitamin C 190 mg per 100 grams.
- Guava contain vitamin C 180 mg per 100 grams.
- Cabbage contain vitamin C 161 mg per 100 grams.
- Green chili contain vitamin C 120 mg per 100 grams.
- Kiwi contains vitamin C 100 mg per 100 grams.
- Brussels sprouts contains vitamin C 94 mg per 100 grams.
- Broccoli contain vitamin C 93 mg per 100 grams.
- Longan contains vitamin C 84 mg per 100 grams.
- Strawberries contains vitamin C 82 mg per 100 grams.
- Watercress contains vitamin C 77 mg per 100 grams.
- Cauliflower contains vitamin C 69 mg per 100 grams.
- Papaya contains vitamin C 62 mg per 100 grams.
- Lemon contain vitamin C 50 mg per 100 grams.
- Orange contain vitamin C 50 mg per 100 grams.
- Mango contains vitamin C 41 mg per 100 grams.
- Tomatoes contain vitamin C 34 mg per 100 grams.
- Chicken liver contains vitamin C 33,8 mg per 100 grams.
- Asparagus contain vitamin C 33 mg per 100 grams.
- Lime contain vitamin C 27 mg per 100 grams.
- Pineapple contains vitamin C 24 mg per 100 grams.