To cure PCOS, as well as undergoing medical treatment from a doctor, nothing is more important is to go on a diet for PCOS.
What is PCOS?
PCO (Polycystic Ovary) or also called PCOS (polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) is a condition where a woman experiencing hormonal imbalance. Hormonal imbalance is a result of exist a suspected chemical transfer between brain and ovaries. PCOS can happen because of the LH (Luteinizing Hormone) and insulin is too high. And also the high Androgen (male hormone) in women.
PCOS condition will certainly affect a woman's fertility. If this condition is left too long, it will be the cause of infertility. But you don't need to worry because many women with PCOS condition still can get pregnant naturally. By Maintaining health and regularly diet for PCOS.
Symptoms of PCOS :
- Between 50-60% of women with PCOS diagnosis suffer from obesity.
- In ultrasound assessment, found a number of the ovum with a small.
- An irregular menstrual cycle with the symptoms of PMS (pre menstrual syndrome) heavier. If you find your menstrual cycle occur 2-3 times a year, chances are you are experiencing PCOS.
- Having difficulty getting pregnant, due to irregular ovulation.
- Recurring acne.
- The growth of fine hair on some parts of the body, and the thinning hair on the head.
- Black spots on the back of the neck, below the armpit or in the folds of the body to another (called Acanthosis Nigricans).
- Rapid weight gain.
The risk could be caused due to PCOS :
- 7 times higher hit by diabetes.
- Heart disease.
- Sleep disturbances and depression.
- high blood pressure.
- Thickening layer of endometrium (uterus lining) that can increase the risk of cancer if not treatment immediately.
PCOS treatments :
- Treatment with drugs from the doctor.
- A Healthy diet for PCOS sufferers.
- Doing exercise regularly.
Healthy Menu Diet For PCOS
1. Avoid foods that contain sugar or artificial --- That could lead to increased levels of insulin. Such as refined sugar, candy, sweet pastries, soft drinks, and other sugary beverages.
2. Replace white rice with brown rice --- Because brown rice has a low glycemic index.
3. Chicken egg white --- Besides being high in protein, egg white are also useful for keeping and maintaining thr quality of the ovum.
The research results of Dr. Sidika E.Kasim-Karakas,MD, Endocrinology expert from UC Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, ENS, the United States, prove that the diet with high protein food menu can help keep up hormone levels. Thereby becoming more regular menstrual cycles and can increase fertility.
High protein food like eggs, fish, meat, and tofu typically contain low-carb, which makes a sugar levels became normal and decrease the amount of insulin produced the pancreas,
Low insulin levels will lower the levels of androgen hormones produced by the ovaries. This means that the cells of the egg in the ovary have a chance to mature, allowing the onset of pregnancy.
Related article : 15 Best Fertility Boosters For Men And Women
4. consumption of fresh fish contain Omega-3, such as Salmon --- Omega-3 fatty acid proven to cut levels of Testosterone (male hormone), which help performance in mature ovarian egg cells.
5. Reduce nuts, including soya milk --- The soybeans consumed in high doses can prolong the menstrual cycle, Lowering FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) and LH (luteinizing Hormone). But not to worry as this will arise only if the soybeans consumed in excess.
6. Tubers --- Like sweet potatoes (yams), potatoes, carrots, turnips and other types of bulb have vitamin A, E, C, and beta-carotene content also good as antioxidants. And content of Phytoestrogen and Progesterone on sweet potatoes can help the ovaries to produce the mature egg cells, thus helping the normal menstrual cycle.
7. DHEA Supplements --- DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosteron) could be categorized as "youth hormone", even among gerontology is known as the "mother of all hormones". This is a hormone that is in fact already owned by everyone.
This hormone serves as the driver for the growth of other hormones. But as you get older, these hormone slow-time will decrease. So as to keep up that these hormones remained stable, the necessary support in the form of supplements.
DHEA supplements to act as an antioxidant, and keep the health of organs such as the skin, brain, eyes, bones, and others. Able to improve the body's endurance and libido. But it NOT recommended consumed man or woman under the 40 years, and patients with enlargement or prostate cancer.
But if you a women who in trying to conceive at the age 40 years, so better to take the DHEA supplement into your diet for PCOS.
8. Make moderate exercise, such as jogging or yoga --- That are beneficial for improving fertility. In the yoga movements can improve blood flow to the reproductive organs and regulates all hormonal functions. It can also relieve stress and make emotions remained stable.
"The whole philosophy of yoga is self-improvement and cleansing and exercise, and focusing on the positive in life. It's great to weight reduction, for stress reduction, for all sorts of things." says Dr.Pfeifer, an Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and gynaecology and Clinical Reproductive Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College.